In elections held at the annual Closed Meeting of its General Assembly, on June 11, 2019, the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities chose six new members, bringing the total number of members to 132.
- Prof. Yehuda Liebes, Department of Jewish Thought, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Prof. Aharon Maman, Department of Hebrew Language, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Prof. Ilan Marek, The Schulich Faculty of Chemistry, Technion – Israel Institute of technology
- Prof. Jonatan Meir, Department of Jewish Thought, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- Prof. Yehuda Shoenfeld, The Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, and The Sheba Medical Center at Tel Hashomer
- Prof. Michael Stone, Department of Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Prof. Nili Cohen, President of the Israel Academy, sent her greetings to the newly elected members. The Academy, she declared, will be enhanced by the addition of these distinguished new members, who are expected to assist it in fulfilling its tasks and bolstering scientific and scholarly activity in Israel.
The new members will be inducted at an official ceremony to take place at the Academy in Jerusalem during Chanukah, 2019, at the annual Open Meeting of the General Assembly.