In elections held at the annual Closed Meeting of its General Assembly, on September 8, 2020, the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities chose five new members, bringing the total number of members to 135.
The new members are:
- Prof. Uri Alon, Systems Biology, Weizmann Institute of Science
- Prof. Simcha Emanuel, Talmud, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Prof. Dan Miron, Hebrew Literature, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Prof. Yair Reisner, Immunology, Weizmann Institute of Science
- Prof. Anita Shapira, Jewish History, Tel Aviv University
Prof. Nili Cohen, President of the Israel Academy, sent her greetings to the newly elected members. The Academy, she declared, will be enhanced by the addition of these distinguished new members, who are expected to assist it in fulfilling its tasks and reinforcing and developing Israel’s ramified scientific and scholarly activity in the coming years.