During the General Assembly of the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities, which was held this week (on Tuesday, June 21, 2022), ten new members were elected to the Academy, bringing the number of Academy members to 143.
- Prof. Rachelle Alterman, City Planning, The Technion – Israel Institute of Technology
- Prof. Shulamit Elizur, Hebrew Literature, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Prof. Ora Entin-Wohlman, Physics, Tel Aviv University and Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- Prof. Naama Friedmann, Education, Tel Aviv University
- Prof. Michael Karayanni, Law, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Prof. Roger Kornberg, Molecular Biology, Stanford University, and the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Prof. Meir Lahav, Chemistry, the Weizmann Institute of Science
- Prof. Leslie Leiserowitz, Chemistry, the Weizmann Institute of Science
- Prof. Noam Nisan, Computer Science, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Prof. Ronit Ricci, Asian Studies, Comparative Religion, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Academy President Prof. David Harel
welcomed the new members, expressing his confidence that alongside their accomplishments in research and their excellence, they would contribute greatly to the Academy’s work and enrich it with the best of their knowledge and experience.