The Center for Knowledge and Research in Education (HaYozma in Hebrew) provides Israeli decision-makers in the field of education with the most up-to-date research-based, critically appraised knowledge so that they can better formulate policy and design interventions that improve achievements in Israeli education.
The Center is responsible for all consultation services on education-related issues provided by the Academy to the Israeli government and various national authorities.
Major recently completed and ongoing projects include the following:
• The way teachers learn from filmed lessons
• Therapeutic intervention options for children with developmental problems or disorders
• The possible reorganization of Israel’s education systems so as to adjust it to the challenges of the 21st century
• Language and literacy
• The values the pedagogical system ought to uphold and instill
• Kindergarten best-practice educational strategies
• The connection between the growing social-economic inequality and equal opportunities and achievements in the educational system
• Assessment of what can be learned from observing study groups
• Ways to enhance the influence of excellent teachers
• Teacher-parent communication